And now it's time to put some final order to them all.
Most of the paperwork--my hand-written notes, web page printouts, article printouts, draft and final reports--relate to digitalpermanence, McGill's e-records management and preservation initiative. In flipping the folders and countless pages, I believe that we--the University Archives--covered a lot of territory, most of which was the 'great unknown' to us all at the time.
A quick glance at my folders reveal the areas covered:
- Email management (best practices)
- Email conversion to long-term file format (tests with sample inboxes)
- Electronic records transfer and access protocols (report)
- Enterprise-wide digital imaging (scanning) standards (report)
- Web archiving snapshot tool (application developed)
- Courseware information management and preservation (research)
- Institutional repositories information management and preservation (research)
- Strategies in digital preservation (research)
Back to the wrap up...